Zummer-GSM - how it works.
Principle of operation :: Features :: Technical specifications
Principle of operation.
The principle of operation is based on sending SMS-messages in case of an alarm(s). When an alarm is detected,
Zummer-GSM send an SMS-message and place a phone call to a pre-programmed phone number. Both the message and phone
call contain all necessary information about the alarm. An optional loudspeaker can be activated upon alarm, if needed.
To detect alarms Zummer-GSM has a number of sensors:
Flood and motion sensors,
Phone line activation sensor,
Normally closed circuit (alarm system closed loop)
An external microphone is connected to Zummer-GSM so that you can monitor all conversations around. This feature is indispensable to ensure that the alarm is not false.
Alarm closed loops(2 interfaces)
Analogue input for flood sensor
Phone line jack
RS 232 port for configuration and external add-on devices
External touch memory connectivity.
Internal battery for smooth operation.
A special button to switch the system between the "Armed" and "Disarmed" modes (holding this button for a while
will enable system's self-test).
- Switch On / Switch Off;
- External power supply / internal battery;
- Sensors' status: enabled / disabled for each sensor;
- GSM network logged on / logged off;
- Closed loops connected / not connected;
- Flood sensor connected / not connected;
- Phone line connected / not connected.
Parameters of continuous self-testing:
- External power availability & voltage;
- Internal battery voltage;
- Internal GSM-engine health, GSM network availability. Zummer-GSM is capable of automatically rebooting the GSM-engine if needed.
Means of notification on alarm events:
- Direct phone call with DTMF signals.
Remote control of the system:
- By DTMF tones using a keypad of your GSM-phone;
- By SMS-messaging.
The system is configured by:
- a PC connected to RS-232 interface (needed only by service centers);
- by DTMF tones;
- micro-switches on the device.
Zummer-GSM is switched between the "Security On" and "Security Off" modes by:
- A button on the face of the device;
- Touch Memory or Proximity keys;
- A direct DTMF command, after placing a direct call to the system;
- An SMS-command.
Optional external devices:
- Loudspeaker (105 dB).
Access to the system:
- with a password.
Checking up balance of payment for the SIM-card inserted into Zummer-GSM:
- Using DTMF-commands. Zummer-GSM establishes a conference call between GSM operator's automatic customer service, your GSM-phone and Zummer's GSM-engine;
- Using GSM-operator's conventional customer service.
Zummer-GSM technical specifications.
Dimensions: 190 х 130 х 40 mm.
Power supply: External DC 8-15 V, internal battery 4.8 V DC (4 AA-size accumulators) or mains 220 - 230 V AC.
Current: 150 mA in stand-by "Security On" mode, 350 mA in alarm mode.
Internal GSM-engine: Siemens С45 - based
Operational range: -10 C ... + 50 C.
- Closed loop interfaces: 2.
- Analogue interfaces : 1.
Alarm mode duration: 3 min.
Delay before switching to "Security On" mode: 30 sec.
Delay before switching on the alarm mode: 0 or 30 sec.
Internal battery lifetime: no less than 6 hours.
Sensors compatible with Zummer-GSM:
- Magnetic sensors;
- Motion sensors;
- Flood (humidity) sensors.
Environmental tolerance: IP 41.